Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Best Class 70 Sounds for LokSound and Zimo

mlarmour

Hello,

Finally...the Bachmann Colas 70805 has landed and I'm looking for sound options for it.  Generally I've tried searching this thread and YouTube for videos but couldn't find many recent examples beyond Legobiffoman and Howes.  Does anyone have any recommendations or video demos they can share?

More specifically, some of the things I'm looking for in my situation are:

1. LokSound v4 or Zimo MX644D decoder preferred. 
  2. Some form of speedlock function (or similar to notch up/down at constant slow speed)
  3. Good quality, rich sounds when idling (random air release possible?)
  4. If possible, editing of sound project to customise some of the sounds (e.g. air release) 

Volume probably won't be a factor, the loco is on a small depot layout, so the loco is going to spend a lot of time idling or at slow speed, particularly on engineers trains.  Therefore the quality of the idling sounds is very important.  In particular I've noticed the class 70 will sometimes have a regular air release when idling.  Sounds like there's some loose panels with a "tssss…..tsssTCHAH!" every now and then.  I'd be open to trying to customise some of the sounds using a relevant programmer, but not sure which sound producers would supply the sound project file.

With the recent release of the loco and next generation of sound decoders, I was hoping to find lots of recent video examples demonstration some different sound options.  Hopefully you guys can help me out.

Thanks,

Matt

Good point Nick! According to the function list for the 70 on DC-Kits it doesn't seem to be listed on there.  Perhaps the drivelock updates haven't yet made it up to the 70s yet :(

No it doesn't have drive lock.I think Biff adds it and the active brake as and when he updates a loco sound file.

I can confirm that the 70 has been updated with drivelock and playable manual brake. As this wasn’t a major change the usual ‘free update’ offer applies to customers with older versions.

Charlie rehosted his website recently and updates such as this may take a bit longer to appear than normal, for a short time.

Bif