New Bachmann Colas class 70

dude2112

Hi all,

my mate has today bought the re-modelled Bachmann class 70 in Colas.

He is struggeling to get the body off to fit DCC.

The destructions seem to be for the older model, has anyone recently got into one of these ?

Thanks in advance Andy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

my mate has today bought the re-modelled Bachmann class 70 in Colas.

He is struggeling to get the body off to fit DCC.

The destructions seem to be for the older model, has anyone recently got into one of these ?

Thanks in advance Andy.

The instructions in my Colas were correct, you just have to read them carefully … if you glance at them, you'll remove the four obvious screws visible on the chassis and then fail to get the body off.

The actual screws are underneath the bogies, in different positions on the fan-end and other-end, and you're going to need a slim long-stemmed screwdriver to get them loosened since the bogies cannot be moved out of the way. The body should come off relatively easily, it's not clipped, but it's a tight fit at each end, so use gentle force.

Once inside decoder and speaker fitting is a breeze.

To get the body back on, the fan-end (I think) screws can be put in place with the body and chassis upside down, and will sit there as you lower the chassis down - but to put the other-end screws in, you'll need tweezers to gently get them under the bogie and dropped into the hole before you lower the chassis. Getting the cab ends clipped down is also a bit of a , be careful not to tighten the screws until you've done this.

(Since I bitched about the Hornby 87 decoder/speaker fitting and used the 70 as a shining example on that thread, I will now bitch here about how difficult Bachmann make getting the body off some of their models - I do appreciate a good solid "four or six clips and it's off" model)