O gauge junction signals

I have purchased the Dapol O gauge GWR home signals and fitted them. I am very pleased with them, though the finials are a bit small. 
Now I am wanting junction signals! Dapol don’t/won’t make them, and I have just made ONE (using MSE components) after a frustrating fortnight of swearing at my shaking fingers and general incompetence. I am supposed to be delighted at having built it, but I am not - I see beautifully built signals in all different scales in the various model railway magazines, and my work is nowhere near as good as them.

So this brings me to my question - does anyone know of a company/business which can build me four GWR junction signals? I used to see adverts by one person who would build any signal in any scale you could possibly require (at a price which I thought quite reasonable for the amount of work involved!), but apparently he has retired.

I need 2 lefthand GWR signals (both home signals) and 2 righthand GWR signals, again just home signals. The higher doll will control the main line, the lower doll the branch. I do not require distant signals as my layout is far too small for them. The signals need to have 12v ‘grain of rice’ bulbs fitted, with the arms attached to balance weights near the base of the post, the arm on the ‘branch’ doll working via small levers to give the required changes of pull/push direction. 
I am using 0.45mm wire from servos which will be mounted below my baseboard. The Megapoints Servo Controllers manufacturer recommends tiny HobbyKing servos which are unavailable (from anywhere around the world!), so I would fit my slightly larger HobbyKing servos with omega loops in the operating wires to prevent damage when the controller board is powered up (the servos twitch slightly).

Anyway, does anyone know someone who could possibly help me?

Thank you for reading my forum post - I have found everyone very helpful and usually I get a response to my questions very quickly!

Bill (he with the shaky fingers!)

• RMweb Gold
On 01/12/2019 at 00:47, billtee said:

I have purchased the Dapol O gauge GWR home signals and fitted them. I am very pleased with them, though the finials are a bit small. 
Now I am wanting junction signals! Dapol don’t/won’t make them, and I have just made ONE (using MSE components) after a frustrating fortnight of swearing at my shaking fingers and general incompetence. I am supposed to be delighted at having built it, but I am not - I see beautifully built signals in all different scales in the various model railway magazines, and my work is nowhere near as good as them.

So this brings me to my question - does anyone know of a company/business which can build me four GWR junction signals? I used to see adverts by one person who would build any signal in any scale you could possibly require (at a price which I thought quite reasonable for the amount of work involved!), but apparently he has retired.

I need 2 lefthand GWR signals (both home signals) and 2 righthand GWR signals, again just home signals. The higher doll will control the main line, the lower doll the branch. I do not require distant signals as my layout is far too small for them. The signals need to have 12v ‘grain of rice’ bulbs fitted, with the arms attached to balance weights near the base of the post, the arm on the ‘branch’ doll working via small levers to give the required changes of pull/push direction. 
I am using 0.45mm wire from servos which will be mounted below my baseboard. The Megapoints Servo Controllers manufacturer recommends tiny HobbyKing servos which are unavailable (from anywhere around the world!), so I would fit my slightly larger HobbyKing servos with omega loops in the operating wires to prevent damage when the controller board is powered up (the servos twitch slightly).

Anyway, does anyone know someone who could possibly help me?

Thank you for reading my forum post - I have found everyone very helpful and usually I get a response to my questions very quickly!

Bill (he with the shaky fingers!)

I have just sent you a private message.  Have a look and get back to me.

• 1 month later...