RMweb

Bachmann Western Pullman Dynamis and Sound set

SE4 Box

Sorry not sure if I'm in the right area. Am now on the second set one from Kernow and now Rails of Sheffield. Has anyone else out there had absolute rubbish from the sets. First one went back to Bachmann because the two power cars either left one behind or ran up the backside of the other and was noisy. Came back had a motor changed and a snotty letter from Bachmann, even though I was told to send it direct to them for sorting. Was just the same when it came back. Was sent back for a refund.

Second set jus been tried and set up on service track and programmed correctly. Dynamis handset went crackers shooting it off even when there was no power applied, power on handset showed the power going off on its own but the cars kept going also lights working but no sound. Also both power cars were exactly the same as the first two.

I've had enough. Would like to know if anyone else has had trouble with these sets. Not cheap either.

Thanks

Mike

• Informative/Useful 1

• 5 months later...

I am/have been very interested in this set. Although the cost has made me a little hesitant and cautious. I have found your experience very interessing. I currently have the Midland Blue Pullman a really nice set and not cheap.

I have had it 3yrs and it has had very little use. Currently It’s at Bachmann for repair due to one of the drive locos being noisy. This is going to incure a cost for me as it looks like it needs a new motor. If I had used it  under the warranty period I may have saved mysel some money.

I am waiting to see what it’s like on its return from Bachmann,before deciding on pursuing my interest in the Western Pullman. Your experience is obviously giving me reason to possibly reconsider. Are there any more reports of problems with the Western Pullman.?

Feedback from members experience with this 30-420 Bachmann Western Pullman would be gratefully appreciated.

David

• Like 1