Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

small diameter wire

mojo

I am currently (pun intended) using 8 core telephone cable. looking at it I think that it might even be of an identical spec to CAT5 cable. It is solid wire that I use.

Having a quick Google a 305m box of CAT5 cable is available from about £30 and will probably do you for all your wiring for many years to come.

Does anyone know of a source for covered multistrand wire of 0.6mm outside diameter?

Have tried Maplins but their smallest is 0.9mm

Only need a few inches.

Maurice Cooper

Yes - Me

How much do you want and what colour?

Regards

Simon

Many thanks for the swift replies and to John E for his kind offer.

Will post again with a conclusion and thanks to Simon for his post. A few inches (say 8-10) of 2 colours is required.

Maurice Cooper

Many thanks for the swift replies and to John E for his kind offer.

Will post again with a conclusion and thanks to Simon for his post. A few inches (say 8-10) of 2 colours is required.

Maurice Cooper

It's here if you want the specification - My link

For what you want PM me if you need some.

Simon

Many thanks to all for the help and advice.

I have now received suitable wire supplied most generously by Simon V of "Buiding 0 Gauge Online".

A very interesting web site Simon and with my non existent knowlege of electronics I may be in touch again for advice and supply of parts. Wish I had the space to use 0 gauge.

Maurice Cooper

Archived