VGA Vans in EWS Maroon

Johnfromoz

Hi,

I am aware that this has been touched on in past topics, but was wondering if anyone out there can give a rough estimate of the number of VGA/VKA vans that were repainted into EWS red?

I have built up a rake of 12, 6 of which are in the red livery. How prototypical is this, given the majority were left in original silver livery?

Best I can find is two red ones running together.

TIA

It depends on the era you're modelling. If you're modelling today, then I think there are only a couple left running in EWS maroon. If you're modelling the early 2000s, it's theoretically possible that you'd have six EWS ones in one train, but statistically unlikely. From my photographs, I'd say about a 20 to 1 ratio of silver to maroon (VGA/VKA) in the 2009/10 period.

Cheers,

Jack

• Informative/Useful 1

On 16/03/2020 at 06:39, Johnfromoz said:

Hi,

I am aware that this has been touched on in past topics, but was wondering if anyone out there can give a rough estimate of the number of VGA/VKA vans that were repainted into EWS red?

I have built up a rake of 12, 6 of which are in the red livery. How prototypical is this, given the majority were left in original silver livery?

Best I can find is two red ones running together.

TIA

Yeah, I’ve never seen more than 1-2 together to be honest , I doubt there were many more