Figures

Chris_C

Hi all,

I have an ongoing project that requires a number of figures, mainly seated one, for a batch of 7mm narrow gauge coaches. Some of them you'll be able to see in all their glory in open coaches, while others are more hidden in enclosed coaches. 

Are there any sources of fairly modern image looking seated figures that are suitable for 1:43 scale? I have purchased some of the cheaper figures from ebay which are ok for the enclosed coaches, and the detail on them is acceptable, but something more detailed for the open coaches would be great if such a thing exists! I also have some standing figures from ModelU, and the ebay figures look pretty small when side by side - hence looking for some figures a little truer to scale! I probably need about 15 figures at most.

Thanks

Chris

For some reason that escapes me, seated figures in 7mm vehicles look more realistic when 1/48 scale [rather than 1/43.5 scale] ones are used. It may be that the sitting height [buttock-top of head] is less when seated than when standing. Omen miniatures have a rescaled range of 1/48 figures for precisely this purpose.

The reason is that the interior space is shrunk by our overscale materials. Being modern image helps as bags of unpainted 1/50 figures are available on eBay for the price of a couple of cast metal ones. Slater's figures also seem to be at this scale but are a bit more expensive. Once a coach is sealed the illusion is completed.

• 2 weeks later...