Ace Products J67/J69 kit

Adrian T

I need a J7 or J69 for my Norfolk based 1950's layout - King's Lynn shed had a number during this period.  Has anyone made the Ace Products J67/J69 kit?  Does anyone know of any other kits?  Any comments gratefully received.

I have 2 J69 kits. One is a Connoisseur that I have yet to start but have built an identical kit some years ago, it was a delight to build and would highly recommend it. The other is I believe an Ace kit. I am around half way to finishing it and to be fair some of the etchings have gone missing so I am scratch building some of the (smaller) parts. It is not a kit I would recommend to a novice builder but if you have had some experience then you should be ok. 

I bought both kits secondhand last year and there are no instructions with the Ace kit so I've been using the other for guidance but its gone together fairly easily.

IMG_1831.JPG.9751ed116d082acb63b58a284f5490c7.JPG

Still along way to go.

IMG_1851.JPG.f8b24701906f816293e34cd60346afdc.JPG

IMG_1983.JPG.83de2ccadb906e9356c6d8f5ff028624.JPG

Now I reckon the chassis and rods are from Premier components and were included with the Ace kit as they are of  a much superior standard. But I even had to modify the front spacer to be able to fasten the front of the body to the chassis.

Hope this has helped mate.

Cheers, Pete.