Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

DCC Sound Class 37

Chrisjh

Just wondering how I increase the sound volume on the Bachmann Class 37?. I have a gaugemaster DCC prodigy unit.

Also I am wondering if it is relatively easy to take the shell off a class 37 Chassis, as I want to swap my class DRS 37 for a more modern Compass livery Class 37.

Many thanks and best wishes, apologies if this has been asked elsewhere.

Stay Safe

Best,

Chris

50 minutes ago, Chrisjh said:

Just wondering how I increase the sound volume on the Bachmann Class 37?. I have a gaugemaster DCC prodigy unit.

Also I am wondering if it is relatively easy to take the shell off a class 37 Chassis, as I want to swap my class DRS 37 for a more modern Compass livery Class 37.

Many thanks and best wishes, apologies if this has been asked elsewhere.

Stay Safe

Best,

Chris

In terms of increasing the volume, there should be an instruction sheet that tells you how to do it included.

Many thanks unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a sheet which I may have lost as the loco is 2 years old.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Best,

Chris

3 hours ago, Iskra said:

In terms of increasing the volume, there should be an instruction sheet that tells you how to do it included.

The speaker wants sealing, try Plastercine Clay for children, role some into a 5mm Sausage shape then form it into a 20mm X 40 mm oblong, then repove the speaker from the silly plate in the loco, attach the speaker to the clay them press the speaker plus its clay houshing into the slot/hole in the model. If the space behind the speaker is hollow and the sides are airtight, the speajer will be far louder.

See Amazon Smile:

BIC Kids Plasticine - Assorted Colours, Pack of 12

Amazon's Choice for "plastecine"

Price:£3.74 excl. VAT
£4.49 incl. VAT

I've just got the instructions for my Bachmann DCC Sound 37 out and it says that using Function F15 On/Off cycles through the five different volume settings from quietest to loudest. So it might be worth giving that a go first.