Zimo MX68 where do I get the info for CV's

Marty Mc

Hi Guys

I am hoping someone can help me here. I have purchased 3 Zimo MX68 8 function only decoders, 2 of which I will be putting in a steam loco for control of lights. Now I went to the Zimo web site to download the PDF on the decoder and all I get is an error.

Web site is http://www.zimo.at/web2007/index2E.htm and the download for the PDF is located at the bottom left.

Has anyone got the PDF on this decoder in English or can they provide me with another link please to where I can get it. The loco has being pre wired and is just awaiting the install of these last 2 decoders.....job finished.

Mainly I am interested in Function mapping and dimming of lights.

Your help to links or PDF's on this decoder would be appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

Hi

Thank you for the link MickD, that is excellent! I was mainly after the extra functions but after reading the PDF I can add "servo control" for auto coupling but I then lose function 5 and 6. Is that correct? Has anyone used the "soft start of headlights" CV 125, any good?

Who has used the 8 function only Zimo decoder and if so what do you think of it? I had planned to use 4 TCS function only decoders in place of these 2 but I decided to give ZIMO a go.

From a quick read it has many interesting options.........

Any Tips or tricks?

Any more info or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

• RMweb Premium

Hi Martin,

Sorry cant help with the Zimo,I mainly use TCS.The only reason I knew that site was I bought a 47 on E-Bay some time back and suprise suprise It came fitted with a Zimo decodersmile.gif ,no mention of it in the listing!! Anyway there was no literature with it,so asked on here about CVs for a factory reset & was pointed to the site above.

MickD.

Hi Ron

Thank you for that and that was what I was looking for. I have being to the Zimo site and as I said I cannot download PDF's on this decoder. It could be just me having a moment.

I got a little excited with having the servo control etc but feet planted firmly back on the ground again since I read your PDF Ron. Thats what I thought I was buying and thats what I got.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Martin

Archived