Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Z21 Black roster

mikeg

Is there a way to sort the loco roster into numerical order for loco’s. I think that I have seen a post about this subject soon after the Z21 was introduced but can’t find anything using the search engine. I am using the original version as I don’t like the colours of the new app, but think it might have a sort as one of the earlier updates. Any help would be much appreciated.

regards mike 

• RMweb Gold

IDon't know if there is an Auto arrange but you can manually sort the loco Roster, Top left in the roster you have a + and a Pencil (Edit) sign, click on the Pencil and now to the right of the loco name/ number you see an up - down Arrow. . . You can now click and hold on a loco and drag it up or down the list. When finished click on the file symbol that has replaced the edit symbol and your new roster is saved. Dont forget to export  the rosters to other devices if you WANT the same roster across all your throttles

Hi Matt, I do not have the symbols that you describe, I have the + sign and the word edit and if I press the edit I get a red circle with a white bar across which allows you to delete the loco, the + sign gets a drop down menu to add wagons, loco’s etc and I think you have the update app that I don’t like, but thanks for your quick reply, I think I will have to use roster as it is for now and limit the number of loco’s active on the layout.

regards mike 

Wacol, thanks for your reply I have tried it and it works so I will now edit my phone and iPad to get the 30+ loco’s in numerical order it will make finding the one that I want much easier.

regards mike 

• RMweb Gold

Mike, I deliberately tried it on the old App not the new, glad its now working for you.

Might I suggest that instead of having all 30 locos in a list that you maybe split them up into relevent groups ?   All you do is create a new layout for each group and only put the locos in that you will be using. 

Your layoutname - diesels... Your layout name Steamies... etc depending on  its really quick and easy to change layouts and makes your loco lists much more manageable. You can still have a layout with a full list as well if you want.

Also think about having some genaric demo locos set up...for instance if you are building a fleet of sound locos, using say...zimo decoders then set up a zimo - sound Diesel  loco, You can set up all the function keys that are relavent for a zimo Diesel  sound decoder with the symbals that you want to use for each function key, leave it at loco number 3. Now as soon as you get a new loco you can duplicate the demo loco, change its name and Id number and all the functions are already set up. 

Ive set up a few and find its really quick and easy to just copy a loco, re name and number and then if necessary just tweak a few settings rather than starting from scratch each time

Hi Matt I have exactly what you have suggested, but the total loco roster I wanted in numerical order to make it easier to find the loco that I wished to adjust. I often use my 0-4-0 sentinal that’s got the original decoder as bought that I use to test any layout changes as I know that if it runs OK I have every thing working as it should.

I have been using both android and apple apps which although work the same have different ways of editing the app and is sometimes confusing but I think I am now fairly sure I have got it right!

regards mike