Gaugemaster Combi controller

Y Me

In my haste to set up an O Gauge "Inglenook Sidings" type of layout I appear to have bought the wrong controller.

I have bought a Gaugemaster Combi with the intention of powering a Dapol O gauge Class 08 shunter.

I can return the Combi but was wondering if it will be sufficient for the relatively small amount of movement the locomotive will make. The entire layout comes in at about six feet something and consists of three sidings and a headshunt hauling a maximum of 4 Dapol tankers and a Dapol guard's van at any time and usually less than this

I have the loco and the controller but do not want to open the controller packing if it definitely will not power the loco.

That's encouraging. I sure the Prairie must be heavier than my 08.

I nearly bought the Gaugemaster offering but was able to get the track I need plus 8 wagons, the 08 and the Combi for not much more than Gaugemaster is asking.

Thank you for a quick reply.

• Thanks 1

Today some of the track I ordered arrived and I was able to test the loco and am pleased to say that it all works OK and the slow running is excellent.

As an aside  the track that arrived was Peco's ST U750 and ST U751 (both as rare as rocking horse ****) both work on DC control very well with excellent slow running across the full length of the points in al routes with no hesitation.

If I had realised O gauge was so much fun I wouldn't have spent so much time and money on the treble O, N and OO gauges layouts I have previously owned

My_entire_layout.jpg

• Like 2