Using a football pitch as coal?

Grassroots football has recently restarted. While this is great news, it does come with one irritation. As my team play on a 3G pitch, I always have to empty hundreds of small pieces of rubber out of my shoes afterwards (if you think sand gets everywhere after a trip to the beach, you haven't got any experience of 3G pitches). After my last training session, I had a brainwave - I must throw out tons of this stuff, but maybe I can find a use for it. I salvaged what I hadn't yet thrown away and have poured it into the the first available wagon. This is the result:

image.png.50ea1c596a524c46849fd7dd5358a538.png

Has anybody tried working with this before and did it work? If so what did you do with it? My instinct is to try and hold it together with dilute PVA (as per ballast and other types of coal load) but I have no idea whether it will bond. Thanks in advance for any tips that you may have for this slightly unorthodox technique, especially as it will be the first that I recieve (although I can't find a single search result for it, I can't believe that it hasn't been tried).

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

It’s ground up tires, and it gets everywhere! I’ve not played on an artificial pitch since March, and there’s still pieces on the floor and in the trunk of the car, despite several vacuumings. Personally, I wouldn’t use it as ballast, certainly not in HO/OO, since I think it would be overscale. But I’d be interested to hear of anyone’s experience of using it. Given the size of soccer pitches, and the number of artificial ones around here, it would certainly be a cheap and plentiful resource!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1