RMweb

Triang/Hornby B12? Pass the plasticard!

33C

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Friend is looking into modelling a Raven A2, I’ve recommended the B12’s chassis to them as I feel it has the necessary length (and can be easily modified to take the Princess’ cylinders and rods as shown on 33C’s Claughton), but that’s got me wondering… Would a B12 to A2 conversion be doable?

IMG_1099.jpeg.31f0075b8c45728e7cf1c596eabb2ad3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hacksworth_Sidings said:

Friend is looking into modelling a Raven A2, I’ve recommended the B12’s chassis to them as I feel it has the necessary length (and can be easily modified to take the Princess’ cylinders and rods as shown on 33C’s Claughton), but that’s got me wondering… Would a B12 to A2 conversion be doable?

Probably better suited from an A1/3. Plenty of filing and sanding!

35 minutes ago, 33C said:

Probably better suited from an A1/3. Plenty of filing and sanding!

Mind went over to the B12 mainly because of the parallel boiler, whilst the A1/3 has a tapered boiler… Could maybe do the A2 on A3 frames using the B12 boiler? Still brainstorming at this point, nothing set in stone.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hacksworth_Sidings said:

Hi. I did think think you would be better off using the Triang Hall chassis for that conversion. No need to worry about the cylinders with that one. It is basically the same chassis. But on looking closer the mounting point for the piston rods is on the front wheel and not the middle wheel. Makes it a bit more difficult.

Edited by cypherman

29 minutes ago, cypherman said:

the mounting point for the piston rods is on the front wheel and not the middle wheel. Makes it a bit more difficult.

Hence why I bought up 33C’s Claughton, the front drivers on his are modified to take a screw which hold the con rods in place.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1