RMweb

Gaugemaster dcc93 ruby solder pads

digger62

I've got a Gaugemaster dcc93 Ruby 6 pin decoder and I was wondering if I can solder a stay alive to it. It seems to have solder pads and appears to be the same as the Digitrax DZ126IN which does mention that it has solder pads. 

However I have looked at various instruction sheets on the internet, but cannot find which is the ground and common (if indeed they are).

Can anyone point me in the right direction or put me out of my misery and tell me that I cannot fit a stay alive to this decoder?

As always many thanks for your help.

Mark.

Yes its a re-badged Digitrax decoder.  So anything you find for Digitrax which points to ground position will be useful.  You may have to look at hobbyist sites as many makers don't publish the necessary details.

Sorry, can't offer you any direct help as I tend to stick to Zimo decoders, which, as well as performing very well, are also documented for such details.  

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 25/01/2021 at 17:05, digger62 said:

Many thanks for your reply Nigel I'll have a look. I must admit I am using Zimo myself now, but found I'd got this one and was hoping to use it.

Mark.

Mark

did you track down the wiring in the end? I have one I want to add stayalive to as well.

Andy

• RMweb Premium

In the end I tracked down this diagram which shows how to wire up a stay alive on these and the related digitrax Dz125/6 decoders. The red arrow is for the positive blue connection and the black arrows are common ground.

digitrax_dz125_stayalive.jpeg.5bb2bffad92c59eaa6def738b10d9a6f.jpeg