Hornby Stutter Start

David62

Hi Folks good Morning!

Does anybody else have  a Gwr Hornby 61XX 2-6-2 T R3721 (6110)

I bought this three weeks ago and fitted a Hornby Digital R8249 Loco Train Decoder 8pin DCC Multi Function Chip.  now things are ok on the straight but on points its a nightmare  i have fitted Hornby power clips to all the points  R8072/8073 and Hornby/Bachmann  express point L/H 8077 with Hornby power clips  and the points to track joints are perfect  Elite connection  power   all ok  but it still stutters   the decoder is ok with all functions working perfectly until it approaches points  with Hornby power clips attached as before..  am I doing something wrong??:nono:   HELP!

By power clips, do you mean the plastic moldings with two copper strips that push into gaps in the track? Not sure of the actual name, but if you have these, you have to remove them as they have inbuilt capacitors that interfere with DCC running. Best power connection is via droppers soldered where required direct to the rails.

• Like 1

Hi folks thank you for your help all of you!  i really should have stated it was the 

R8232 DCC Electro Point Clips . sorry my apologies !   Thanks Richard for the heads up!:D most appreciative!   i thought i was goin mad with this thing? missing something etc!   my 66's,  37 & 20's  run fine.

Many thanks  all of you! :D:D:D:D

David