signalling/track alterations

Hi all,

I'm unsure how best to signal the layout. I plan on using the station for both terminating and through traffic so trains may need to use platform 2 for both up and down.

The line is currently single track but I may alter it to make it double whilst still easy enough to change, not sure how this would effect the track layout as it would mean the left hand points would be facing the direction of travel.

Any help appreciated.

image.png.cb482c7c78b3ec8fa93ef514dc3490d7.png

exact points and radius' not accurate to actual layout.

I'd expect to see a trap point at the entry to the goods yard to avoid any runaway wagons reaching the passenger lines.

If you decide to go with a double track line to the left, then I agree that the crossing would be the other way (ie trailing), but I think it's okay as is, for a single track line.

21 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

I'd expect to see a trap point at the entry to the goods yard to avoid any runaway wagons reaching the passenger lines.

If you decide to go with a double track line to the left, then I agree that the crossing would be the other way (ie trailing), but I think it's okay as is, for a single track line.

The is a catch point on the exit from the goods yard but it’s to small to see on the image.

perhaps a proper point may be better suited?