New Bachmann V2

domcorn95

I have recently purchased a brand new Brand new Bachmann V2 Green Arrow 60800, it is DCC sound fitted. I am currently struggling to see if the fire box glow is working I am currently using a Hornby Select controller so each time I press F6 nothing is happening. I’ve opened the firebox on the model but still no light. I’m just wondering if to upgrade my DCC controller to Gaugemaster Prodigy to see if it gives me all the functions and see if the firebox flickers. So any help is gratefully appreciated 

• RMweb Gold

The firebox doors on the V2 can be opened to make the light easier to see. F6 while the loco is stationary will only turn on the red LED, if its moving you should see the yellow as well.

Do you at least hear the sound from activating F6?

Is your select updated to newer software? (the number when you power it up tells you the version, latest is 1.6 I believe).

Thank you for your reply I will try what you have suggested. 

I hear nothing when F6 is activated. Just the sound from the locomotive. I have tried pressing F0 to see if that does anything and it also does nothing. When turning on my select it’s goes 15-30-03.