Class 150 DMU Wheel squeak

ShedLayouts

Hello

I recently bought a Bachmann Class 150 DMU. For the most part I am very impressed with it. The sound, lights and interior detailing are great. However, on the coach which doesn't have the motor in, the wheel bogy's has a squeak which has stay even when run in both directions. It happens whether it's on track or just on a table top. I have checked and cannot see anything broken or debris which might cause this. Only thing I can think of is that it's one or more of the pickups. Can anyone advise if they have experienced this? If you have, can you advise how you fixed it?

Thanks

Tim

I would need to get at a 150 to check how tight clearances are but on some Bachmann wagons I’ve had annoying squeaks which I eventually realised was the bogie mounting screw touching the axle. Easily solved with a half turn on the screw - but not before dousing with oil and head scratching…!

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2022 at 20:27, ShedLayouts said:

Hello

I recently bought a Bachmann Class 150 DMU. For the most part I am very impressed with it. The sound, lights and interior detailing are great. However, on the coach which doesn't have the motor in, the wheel bogy's has a squeak which has stay even when run in both directions. It happens whether it's on track or just on a table top. I have checked and cannot see anything broken or debris which might cause this. Only thing I can think of is that it's one or more of the pickups. Can anyone advise if they have experienced this? If you have, can you advise how you fixed it?

Thanks

Tim

The Bachmann DMUs have metal contacts which the metal axles sit directly into, and I think this is what causes the squeak (metal on metal). I have this issue with some of my 150s and haven’t found a solution to it.

30 minutes ago, scouse889 said:

The Bachmann DMUs have metal contacts which the metal axles sit directly into, and I think this is what causes the squeak (metal on metal). I have this issue with some of my 150s and haven’t found a solution to it.

Try adding small spots of Peco Electrolube on the rubbing area of the metal pick up strips, should solve the squeaking.......

HTH

• Thanks 1