RMweb

Signal Post Number Indicator

First I must define my projects and my needs:-
I am modelling (when I get the time) N scale (1/160) Soviet/Eastern European railways in the Epoch II era. I have been producing some designs for 3D printed rolling stock and signals. These have been published with my name at Thingiverse. (For some odd resason one of my pics appears to be upside down). I have a short video of one of the most complex signals I have modelled at Youtube.

I am now trying to model a signal with a single digit speed indicator (dot matrix style) attached to the signal post. So far I have not found anything small enough.

I am asking this forum if anyone has any sources for a tiny dot matrix or even 7 segment single digit display.

old_ru_signal.jpg

P1010478.JPG

Signalb.JPG

Edited by apemberton
To restore pictures
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Hi @Lurch,

I was trying to find the manual for the particular type of prototype display which had the metric dimensions. However, I havn't found it yet amongst the masses of my files. (Also one of my network devices needed attention. :mad: ) I think the prototype was something like 600mm by 476mm so that at 1/160th would be 3.75 x 2.975mm but my memory may be failing. The original prototype used filament bulbs in an odd (to us) matrix but at 1/160, anything would do!

I will try to get the prototype diagram on here.

OLED should be good.

Thanks for your thoughts, Tony.