Locomotive stopped working, have I blown the decoder?

AyJay

Today I got all of my locomotives out to run and one of them was stalling on a double slip. However that's not the problem.

Another locomotive, Hornby R2569 A3 'Sandwich', also stalled on this double slip and must have caused a short circuit, for the circuit protector cut in.

The locomotive did move again and I parked it.  But when I later went to move it, no response!  All other loco's are OK.

So when everything else was packed away, I put Sandwich on my programming line, to reprogram it's long address. I have an NCE Powercab.

However, the controller was saying 'can not read cv', meaning that the decoder is non responsive.

Without opening it up, I can only guess that it's probably a Zemo decoder. 

I can only think that I have blown the decoder?  But should I expect them to be a bit more resilient than this?

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks.

I sometimes get this reading on my program track with the power cab. Make sure the track is clean and wheels maybe add a little pressure to make sure there is good contact,it usually works for me. Failing that try the nce recovery program then reprogram from scratch. Zimo decoder's are pretty good .

Thank you for that Roger.

Well today started with me prising the top off the chassis to get a look at it and I decided to give it another try before I went further.  Good thing too, for it ran faultlessly. So I have no idea why it stopped working.

As the top was now off, I cleaned the wheels and gave it a lube.  Then turned my attention to why it kept stalling over this double slip.

Offering up a ruler, I saw that there was a dip in the exiting track, so after loosening the ballast, I prised up the track a bit to level it.  So that's all good. It can still judder on the double slip at low speed, but I think that's down to the frogs.