Faulty Sprog? Superb customer service.

BoD

• RMweb Gold

It is a while since I have used my Sprog3 and when I tried to use it yesterday it seems to have developed a fault.  Hopefully someone here may have seen similar and be able to help or, at worst, may be able to tell me that the Sprog is definitely totally goosed.

The Sprog is connected to a short length of programming track. This has not changed and I have used a multimeter to check all connections and for shorts.

When I reconnected the Sprog the Coms port had changed from the last time I used it from COM3 to COM6.  It showed up in the computer's device manager and was using a generic microsoft USB driver.  Is this correct or does it need its own drivers?

I access the Sprog using Decoder Pro and changed the COM setting in preferences to match.  I made no other changes and my roster and other details were all there as they were the last time I used the Sprog.  However ...

When I tried to use the sprog to identify a loco I was getting the message no loco detected (Error 301 as per screen shot). There was no 'pulsing' of the loco.   I tried this with two different locos that both worked ok on the main layout.

sprog1.jpg.e67e72e026028a46a49b505eb1ac604d.jpg

Strangely, when I connected power to the Sprog using the power supply purchased with it,  I got this message

Sprog2.jpg.c2817fd385f544453b8bda3cc828ad0d.jpg

This happened only when the power supply was on and even if there was nothing connected to the track terminals on the Sprog - and as I have said I have checked continuity to the program track and for shorts.

Is there something that I have missed or does it look like my Sprog has suffered something terminal?

Edited by BoD

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Crosland said:

As it's showing a short even with no track connection then it definitely loos like it's faulty. Please send it to us at the address on our website https://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/contact and I will take a look.

Andrew

Thank you for your response Andrew (and others).  I will send it in next day or two.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

To finish the story ...

As Andrew asked I returned to SPROG to him and got it back today a fully working repaired/replaced SPROG. 

I wasn't expecting this as I have had my SPROG a good while now and was just looking for confirmation that it wasn't a software issue or something I was doing in error.

What fantastic customer service.  Thank you Andrew.

• Like 4

• BoD changed the title to Faulty Sprog? Superb customer service.