RMweb

Hornby class 31 improvements(not Railroad edition)

Just posted a couple images on the Dewsbury Midland thread but I'll post here about the changes I made. I have never been impressed by the headcode diplay on the class 31, it lacks depth so I binned it. I cut some transparent plastic(Baccy packaging) and by trial and error trimmed it to fit into the reccess, behind this is the actually headcode made up of digits from a Precision Labels set, these are glued to a rectangle of plasticard cut to fit inside the whole. Glued to the inside reccess is another piece of plasticard trimmed to fit in the roof after the black shroud has been removed. The clear "glass" is a push fit so I could change the headcode if I want, 1M75 was I believe used for a Bradford  St Pancras service. All lighting is removed, personal preference as I'm not a fan of over bright frontal lighting and Dewsbury Midland is analogue. The Mirrlees exhuast was trimmed off and replaced by a plasticard rectangle and an etch from A1 models(via Ebay). D5813 was chosen as the renumber because it was Tinsley based from 1968 to '72 and had the double arrow SYE green livery, one of only a handful to do so. Interestingly it suffered cosmetic accident damage to one side but returned to service still in fresh green but with a FYE. 

D5813 pic 7.jpg

D5813 pic5.jpg

Edited by w124bob
  • Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3