XtrackCAD 5 issue

Murball

Hello All.

I've been using XTrackCAD for a few weeks and found it very useful but now its driving me nuts. I'm half way through a layout plan and now whenever I drag a new piece of track onto the design it is twice the size as before but I am still laying HO gauge PECO track. See picture below. Did this happen to anyone else before?

Screenshot (3).png

• RMweb Premium

The existing pointwork doesn't look like PECO to me.  The only thing I can think of, therefore, is that you are trying to amend a file that someone else created using a different (N gauge?) track parameter file.  If you hover over one of the existing points, the status bar will tell you what it is, or you could have a look at the parts list .......  But if you created the original yourself using the Peco HO file, then I've no idea what's going on.  You could ask by raising a new topic on the forum (xtrackcad.groups.io) which the current developers monitor regularly.

Best of luck, Chris

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

33 minutes ago, Chimer said:

The existing pointwork doesn't look like PECO to me.  The only thing I can think of, therefore, is that you are trying to amend a file that someone else created using a different (N gauge?) track parameter file.  If you hover over one of the existing points, the status bar will tell you what it is, or you could have a look at the parts list .......  But if you created the original yourself using the Peco HO file, then I've no idea what's going on.  You could ask by raising a new topic on the forum (xtrackcad.groups.io) which the current developers monitor regularly.

Best of luck, Chris

Thanks for your input Chimer. It is my own file and all the points are PECO HO SL-92 etc. No N gauge libraries are loaded. I'll try that forum, many thanks.

• RMweb Premium
On 17/06/2022 at 18:24, Murball said:

Hello All.

I've been using XTrackCAD for a few weeks and found it very useful but now its driving me nuts. I'm half way through a layout plan and now whenever I drag a new piece of track onto the design it is twice the size as before but I am still laying HO gauge PECO track. See picture below. Did this happen to anyone else before?

Screenshot (3).png

It actually looks more like the existing track is being displayed incorrectly. The new piece is to the correct proportions but the rest looks wrong and the track spacing is very wide.  Almost as if something in the saved file has gone corrupt.

Could a 'save as' refresh the file? Or perhaps export to another file format and reimport?

• Like 1

On 20/06/2022 at 13:52, Flying Pig said:

It actually looks more like the existing track is being displayed incorrectly. The new piece is to the correct proportions but the rest looks wrong and the track spacing is very wide.  Almost as if something in the saved file has gone corrupt.

Could a 'save as' refresh the file? Or perhaps export to another file format and reimport?

Thanks I'll try that.