RMweb

Hello

jjb1970

• RMweb Premium

Hello all! To those of you who remember me, I haven't been around for a while, did I miss anything? 

I know my last post here was intemperate and I'd like to thank Andy Y for letting me come back, I really appreciate it!

PS. apologies for the vest majority who won't have a clue who I am!

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Hi, and it's great to know your back.

...now about that combustion cycle on that weird engine - only kidding!

Kev.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the welcomes!

Main change for me is we are now in Singapore. I still work in shipping and these days Singapore is probably the worlds most important shipping centre and when I was offered an opportunity to come out here it was too good to not have a go. My wife (20 years this year) is peranakan/straits Chinese though from the wrong side of water to the South so it works well personally and professionally and it is good for the kids to be exposed to a different life. They both speak Bahasa Indonesia (which is pretty transferable to Malay as spoken in Malaysia and Singapore) and are now learning Mandarin which will probably be useful for them in the future. For anyone who has never visited Singapore it's a wonderful city state, well worth a visit, if flying to Australia I'd recommend a stopover.

• Like 5