Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Workshop Clearance

oily

Due to age and failing eyesight I'm disposing of my 2mm workshop. It has made many 2mm locos over the years some have appeared as articles in the 2mm Magazine. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to send you a list but it centres around a IME long bedded version of watchmaker's lathe, mounted all ready to run on board with variable speed motor, vertical slide, almost a complete set of 8mm collets in box, two 3jaw and a 4jaw chucks and other accessories. And a Proxxon MF 70 miniature milling machine also with accessories.

Tony

• Friendly/supportive 4

Always very sad to hear of someone having to scale back their modelling activities.   I might be interested in the milling machine: it would sit nicely alongside the Proxxon lathe I bought at the weekend. Let me know where you are and how much you want for it.  Best wishes, Richard

Not sure what to ask for it! But it comes in mint condition with the Proxxon Dividing Head the Proxxon Precision Machine Vice as the basis one is not very good at precion holding, and a selection of minor tools and accessories and spares. I'd have to have a look and see exactly what I have that goes with it. What's it worth to you? I have a dealer coming next week to clear the workshop as a job lot.

Oh and I'm in Bath.

Regards

Tony

23 hours ago, oily said:

Not sure what to ask for it! But it comes in mint condition with the Proxxon Dividing Head the Proxxon Precision Machine Vice as the basis one is not very good at precion holding, and a selection of minor tools and accessories and spares. I'd have to have a look and see exactly what I have that goes with it. What's it worth to you? I have a dealer coming next week to clear the workshop as a job lot.

Oh and I'm in Bath.

Regards

Tony

Thanks for getting back to me, but Bath is probably a bit far for my 22 year old Peugeot these days. Looks like a useful piece of kit, I hope you get a good price for it.  Regards, Richard

17 hours ago, Richard Hall said:

Thanks for getting back to me, but Bath is probably a bit far for my 22 year old Peugeot these days. Looks like a useful piece of kit, I hope you get a good price for it.  Regards, Richard

It does look a bit far and I don't drive anymore. Is there anyone you know coming to the west country for a holiday?  A 2mm member would put it to beter use than a dealer. Regards ,Tony

Tomorrow I will be all day in Bristol, so easy to go to Bath, then going back home (Faversham, Kent). I have no use for a second MF70, but if any buyer on my route is interested, I could be the a free of charge "courier".

@oily If you still have the boxes for all the kit, Royal Mail now have a collection service, so you can send the machine to the buyer much easier. Also, I am happy to collect it and send it by courier on Saturday.

Edited by Valentin

• RMweb Gold

Tony & I have had an exchange of emails about the lathe as I was very tempted but I already have a pair of Centrix lathes formerly owned by Geoff Jones and Denys Brownlee.  A case of want not need!

However I would recommend the lathe to anyone considering it.  It's a very well set-up machine with a whole host of useful accessories.

Mark

I'm not sure who's offering what now and Mark has introduced the lathe into the discussion that I thought was about the Proxxon mill.

But to answer other queries, I don't have the original boxes, and not sure how it being collected from Faversham fits. Reaing the messages it has all got a bit confused. Sorry must be age and poor eyesight.

Is that a plan for Valentine to collect from Bath for Paul Cram?

Tony

1 hour ago, oily said:

I'm not sure who's offering what now and Mark has introduced the lathe into the discussion that I thought was about the Proxxon mill.

But to answer other queries, I don't have the original boxes, and not sure how it being collected from Faversham fits. Reaing the messages it has all got a bit confused. Sorry must be age and poor eyesight.

Is that a plan for Valentine to collect from Bath for Paul Cram?

Tony

Hi Oily

If Valentin is still reading this yes. Faversham is 100 mles closer to me than you so it make it vuable for me, If he is still willing to collect and you are happy to accept my offer then I am still interested in the Mill.

Regards

Paul

Just so everyone is in the loop, the Proxxon mill has gone, the EMCO mill, the Fobco Star pillar drill, the StepMill and all accesories, all the Myford quick release toolholders and the Myford sensitive Mico drill accessory, Clarkson Auto Chuck and collets plus all my brass, copper, steel and nickel silver except N/S sheet material.

Only have Myford Super 7 with DRO (£1,100 without acessories, £1,200 with) and IME watchmakers long base lathe on board ready to use £1,500).

Almost a complete boxed set of 8mm chucks, Variable speed motor, Vertical slide, 4-jaw independent chuck, 2 x 3-jaw self-centering chucks, and absolutely masses of other accessories

And a Swiss guillotine forget it's name plus accessories.

And a digital height gauge in wooden box.

The stuff that's left I was obviously asking too much so I've reduced prices. The stuff that went, so fast I think I underpriced!!!

Tony

Edited by oily
missing word
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, oily said:

...... The stuff that went, so fast I think I underpriced!!!

Tony

Possibly.  Or perhaps it was fair price, but without the hassle of buying off Ebay.  Buyer saves the hassle and risks of spotting genuine good condition from the large amounts of abused machinery, and the seller doesn't have to pay Ebay's significant fees on the final price.

- Nigel

More or less everything major has gone but I have two Mitutoyo digital verniers and a dial vernier, all in original boxes. A dial gauge with magnetic base, a Proxxon pantograph, a height gauge in original box and a large art folder with 20/30 Swindon GA mostly loco and a few tender drawings. And a Badger sandblaster with home made case to use it in plus spares and acessories.

And a set of BA and ME taps and dies.

I may find other items as I continue to clear out the workshop.

If anyone is interested pease send me a message,

• 2 weeks later...

Someone contacted me to request a picture of the Badger sandblaster kit. It comes with protective cabinet although the rubber gloves need replacing. So it's safe to use indoors. There's also some gas cans so you don't need a compressor. And some new masks.

Sandblaster kit.jpg

Here are some pictures of what's left. I thought the Proxxon pantograph and accessories might be of interest as I used it for cutting loco frames and the like. The soldering iron is my trusty Weller PU-1D with a large selection of bits including some brand new. And of particular interest to loco builders is the selection of 18 lengths of fine grade Tufnol from 6mm to 20mm diameter.

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

Main interest is in the bits really, I have a slightly later iron (one with the iron stand on the right of the transformer), been using them since the 60s since my apprenticeship days at Pye! I have a crate full of spare irons etc, just a little short of the bits. Seems you are a long distance from me so I'll have to give it a miss, sorry.

Stewart