Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

1366T rear sandboxes - where do they mount?

Guest WM183

Hi folks. I am adding some details to my 1366T, and I do not know where for sure the rear sandboxes mount. They're behind the steps below the cab doors I know, but are they mounted to the frame, or the footplate, or to the back of the steps? I cannot really tell from pictures.

This pic makes it look like they're right behind the steps?

south-devon-railway-buckfastleigh-gwr-pa

Thanks much,

Amanda

Edited by WM183

3 minutes ago, WM183 said:

Thanks folks! Might I inquire... where did the GA drawing come from??

NRM.
There's a contractual restriction on distributing copies of NRM drawings, but I figure a tiny extract like that ought not be a problem. Unfortunately like most NRM scans its in black and white, not grayscale, which means fractions are pretty much unreadable.

Edited by JimC

5 minutes ago, WM183 said:

A copy could be gotten from the NRM though?

Oh yes, no problem, They'll do you a scan by email. The 1366 GA comes as a 8MB 21200 x 14800 pixel image. Not small but not particularly cheap either , but then archives cost a lot to run. Look for the section making and ordering copies.
https://www.railwaymuseum.org.uk/research-and-archive/further-resources/copying-and-copyright

Edited by JimC