WELSHPOOL

russell price

I am building a model of Welshpool Station as it was in 1950s, the main layout is under construction using Peco Bullhead track in OO gauge. Im hoping to include the terminus of the W&LLR coming across Smithfield Road into the cattle Dock and also into the goods yard. My Question is regarding the dual gauge track in the cattle dock. Does anyone have an easy way to make  3 rail track? If not i guess it will be copper clad sleepers and rail, some of it will be buried under the concrete drainage channels. I have 2 Golden Arrow loco kits to build to provide the motive power, all the OO gauge motive power will be predominantly kit built, i also have a Cattle wagon kit i think by ninelines, are they or any W&LLR rolling stock available?

As long as i keep my curves reasonably gentle i'm hoping to run my old N gauge diesels , mainly Lima and Farish, im assuming they will be ok on Peco OO9 track, just to allow them to run occasionally.

I also have from years ago a GEM Dolgoch body kit, ideally i need a chassis for it, but not sure what it should even be, If someone could tell me what it should be i will see what is around on Ebay or source a more modern alternative.

New to OO9 but looking forward to the challenges! I suspect the Earl and the Countess will be somewhat more fiddly than a mainline loco, currently got a DJH 8F in the works however the OO9 kits look interesting.

I picked up on Ebay a couple of years ago a freelance 0 4 0 brass kitbuild that looked close enough to the Earl/Countess to pass, until i found the Golden Arrow kits. It has an XT60 motor but wondered what its provenance was. Will try and add a picture later.

Thanks in advance

Russell

30 minutes ago, russell price said:

I am building a model of Welshpool Station as it was in 1950s, the main layout is under construction using Peco Bullhead track in OO gauge. Im hoping to include the terminus of the W&LLR coming across Smithfield Road into the cattle Dock and also into the goods yard. My Question is regarding the dual gauge track in the cattle dock. Does anyone have an easy way to make  3 rail track? If not i guess it will be copper clad sleepers and rail, some of it will be buried under the concrete drainage channels. I have 2 Golden Arrow loco kits to build to provide the motive power, all the OO gauge motive power will be predominantly kit built, i also have a Cattle wagon kit i think by ninelines, are they or any W&LLR rolling stock available?

As long as i keep my curves reasonably gentle i'm hoping to run my old N gauge diesels , mainly Lima and Farish, im assuming they will be ok on Peco OO9 track, just to allow them to run occasionally.

I also have from years ago a GEM Dolgoch body kit, ideally i need a chassis for it, but not sure what it should even be, If someone could tell me what it should be i will see what is around on Ebay or source a more modern alternative.

New to OO9 but looking forward to the challenges! I suspect the Earl and the Countess will be somewhat more fiddly than a mainline loco, currently got a DJH 8F in the works however the OO9 kits look interesting.

I picked up on Ebay a couple of years ago a freelance 0 4 0 brass kitbuild that looked close enough to the Earl/Countess to pass, until i found the Golden Arrow kits. It has an XT60 motor but wondered what its provenance was. Will try and add a picture later.

Thanks in advance

Russell

https://www.tillig.com/eng/Nenngroesse_H0e_Gleissysteme.html

Google is your friend!

'Tillig HO track' into ebay should bring some results.

Edited by Paul H Vigor
to add information
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

44xx small prairie?

Yes, not really a welshpool loco but it will be Craven Arms 4406 which worked the Wenlock Line, i suppose it might have got to Welshpool from Shrewsbury on a fill in turn. its just had an overhaul, jncluding replacing the ks mk  II motor and rubbish gears with a 1950s Romford 7 pole series IV motor and integral gearbox, lovely smooth slow runner and very powerful loco with its tiny wheels, also have Mach,s 4575 on the roster which is similarly specced, far better than the Ks mechanicals ever were. The pair of them will creep along, barely noticeable that they are moving. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, russell price said:

Yes, not really a welshpool loco but it will be Craven Arms 4406 which worked the Wenlock Line, i suppose it might have got to Welshpool from Shrewsbury on a fill in turn. its just had an overhaul, jncluding replacing the ks mk  II motor and rubbish gears with a 1950s Romford 7 pole series IV motor and integral gearbox, lovely smooth slow runner and very powerful loco with its tiny wheels, also have Mach,s 4575 on the roster which is similarly specced, far better than the Ks mechanicals ever were. The pair of them will creep along, barely noticeable that they are moving. 

Having lived in Wellington (Salop) for 20 years, I have a soft spot for the Wenlock 44's. 🙂

• Like 1