Coach bogie loads

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

I have some spare Cooper Craft BR coach bogies and I was thinking I might use thm as wagon loads.

Were coach bogies moved this way and what wagons might be used to move them?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure I've seen pictures of something like that in pictures somewhere, on a flat or well wagon. The top of them won't look much like the top of a real bogie though, and it'll be very much on show if you're loading them on a wagon. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JDW said:

I'm sure I've seen pictures of something like that in pictures somewhere, on a flat or well wagon. The top of them won't look much like the top of a real bogie though, and it'll be very much on show if you're loading them on a wagon. 

You could always cover the top with a wagon sheet. I remember seeing bogies being carried on Lowfits and Plate wagons at Alsager in the late 1970s/ early 1980s, as part of a daily Derby- Crewe inter-works train, which also included Rectanks with loco bogies, and bogie well wagons with loco prime-movers. Most were partially sheeted, at least.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, JDW said:

Thanks @JDW I hadn't thought of that, sheeting might be the answer.  Thinks.....!