Genesis kits whitemetal warwell - does anyone have instructions for diamond frame version?

jonhall

I've just re-started building my Genesis warwell, I have the type with modern GPC bogies, but need to fit unmodernised diamond frame bogies, and this leaves me with a dilemma, the instructions imply that the bogie centers on the GPS type are wider than the earlier version, and that the bogie pivot castings would be modified for the earlier types  - would they have been fitted the other way around, or is the grove in the casting to be cut along?

If anyone has a set of the diamond frame bogies they might wish to part with I'd also be interested, I've got plenty of ratio plastic bogies, but the weight I'm going to put on this wagon is above what I think sensible for plastic.

Thanks

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hello Jon, no problem, here you go:

953799924_GenesisWarflatkitinstructions.jpg.1f8caaf0e49a9904196ef022859a34d8.jpg

There's some guidance on the bogies but not a great deal I'm afraid.

However, I posted some detailed pictures of the build, icluding some of the underside, where I modified the bogie mounting with nuts and bolts, on this page from my Western Thunder Workbench thread:

https://www.westernthunder.co.uk/threads/chass-workbench-an-ibg-lancia-3ro-truck.10461/page-2

And you can see pictures of the finished build on this page of my RM Web bench thread too - hope this all helps:

Edited by Chas Levin
  • Thanks 1