VTG (laterTiphook) owned bogie strip steel coil carrying wagon info

Newboytothis

I'm trying to find out more information about the VTG (laterTiphook) owned bogie strip steel coil carrying wagons. 

I've found 'These telescopic hood wagons were manufactured by Linke Hoffmann Busch and originally operated by VTG and more recently Tiphook Rail. Their unqiue opening roof hood provided safe and dry transport for their steel loads as well as an easy and efficient way to load and unload them. These wagons were typically seen in rakes of 10 or more.' in Hattons product description page. 

I've found some photos on Paul Bartletts website for rough time frame of between early 1980's to date for when they were/ are in service. I've searched high and low through Google searches etc and don't seem to be able to find out any information as to what locos were used to pull these wagons. 

Any further help would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

Class 37 and class 56 , 60 worked the Lackenby to Wolverhampton , Blackburn , Wakefield and class 37 / 60 on Cardiff Tidal services that included the use of the VTG KIA wagons .

Class 20 , 31 , 37 , 47 on the Kings Lynn steel traffic ( Whitemoor - Bescot ) usually along with five BAA with wooden cradles . Also sometimes had the Campbell 's PVA soup wagons in the consist .

Class 33 , 47 , 73 on services to / from Dover with import / export steel .

Edited by bazjones1711
  • Thanks 1