GWR Station Nameboards suppliers

• RMweb Premium

I am aware that  there are suppliers who do white metal and lazer cut GWR station nameboards, for instance Gaugemaster,  Osborne Models, PD Marsh and one or two others.  But does any of these suppliers provide an option for the large size of board like the one here at High Wycombe which gives the options for 3 lines of text at a Junction station.   I'm looking for 4mm examples for my layout.

image.png.a4c39b60f4cec60e077b8df773a29628.png

• RMweb Gold

You do seem to have found most if not all of the suppliers or manufacturers of the smaller one or two line name boards. You may have to consider making your own. There are plastic alphabet sets in various sizes - Slaters are the most well known.  There are also cut vinyl alphabets, often used by ship modellers. Cornwall Model Boats is a well-established supplier I have used  https://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/becc_white_letters.html  although not for letters . If you are concerned about the spacing etc. it might be worth weighing up whether a printed nameboard, without the lettering being raised, looks better than one made with individual letters that you may struggle to align and space neatly enough.

One more thought - perhaps one of the companies that makes engraved loco nameplates would do you a custom made one - for a price!

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Thanks 1