RMweb

Easy 2 track plan electrics

barney121e

• RMweb Gold

Hi all

After some quick advice. Very simple track plan below. Just want to double check that i have power, marked in red circle and insulated rail joiners marked in green are in correct places for DC controller. I know the plan is very simple but just what i need at the moment.

doubleeasyelec.jpg

Edited by barney121e

Important item is that you have both your power connections (red circles)  the same polarity. E.g Red wires to outside track and black to the inside track. This is to ensure that you have the polarity match when vehicles cross over the irj’s. I used to run a similar layout but with insulated points and no irj’s, in that case it was important to ensure that one controller was turned off when trains crossed from one circuit to the other. I would advise doing the same in your case. Because you are using irj’s then the loco will stop on the crossing at which point you can turn off the first controller and the use the second until the train clears the crossing.

Edited by Bob83a
Correct typo
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Bob83a said:

Important item is that you have both your power connections (red circles)  the same polarity. E.g Red wires to outside track and black to the inside track. This is to ensure that you have the polarity match when vehicles cross over the irj’s. I used to run a similar layout but with insulated points and no irj’s, in that case it was important to ensure that one controller was turned off when trains crossed from one circuit to the other. I would advise doing the same in your case. Because you are using irj’s then the loco will stop on the crossing at which point you can turn off the first controller and the use the second until the train clears the crossing.

Hi Bob

Quick question, i am using insulfrog points, do i need the irj's as would have one controller off whilst transferring between lines.

I have a similar setup and it works fine.  I power both tracks so a train can go over the crossover.  Although it must be taking power from both feeds as it straddles the IRJs, it causes no problems.

Edited by rogerzilla
Added video as demo
  • Like 1