The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Untimely death of a Kia

Nova Scotian

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Definitely enjoyed it. That leg of the cruise was 2 weeks out and back to New York. We had 3 days in Quebec City. The ship had a prime parking position. Our port in NS was Halifax. The Royal Navy Queen Elizabeth was in port.  As we left there was a lot of horn sounding as we were on a Queen too (QM2). It was September and the weather was pleasant, not hot. However there was much tidying up still from the hurricane that had passed over while we were in Quebec. 

Was that this year? We were absolutely walloped by Fiona in September.

I live and work in Halifax. September and October here are my favourite months, as you say the weather is typically pleasant, but not hot (other than the tailend of a hurricane that occasionally comes through...)

David

I ran a Kia Ceed estate for 8 years and 98,000 miles, my points of note are :-

Don't keep one for more than the 7 year warranty, quite badly rusted underneath at 8 years,

Only Kia made (make?) a replacement exhaust system for the estate, so very expensive - went to a "boom boom boys" garage which was much cheaper.

Major components started failing regularly, to the extent that it was not economic to continue repairing it.

Apart from that, a good, very reliable car for 7 1/2 years.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Nova Scotian said:

Was that this year? We were absolutely walloped by Fiona in September.

I live and work in Halifax. September and October here are my favourite months, as you say the weather is typically pleasant, but not hot (other than the tailend of a hurricane that occasionally comes through...)

David

It was 2019.

• Like 1