replace an already ballasted and glued section of track with a switch?

hello all, 
have a question, how do I replace an already ballasted and glued section of track with a switch? To take off the ballast and cut the track for the equivalent of the length of the switch, I see. But then how to connect the rails with the new element? Solder and wire running under the track plan? As there will be no way to connect with fishplates since the rails on both sides of the element to be added are fixed… 🤔 If you have ideas or photos of such an operation I am interested. Thank you in advance for your help.

have a good evening. 

Remove the length of plain track equivalent to the length of the switch, clean up the trackbed then remove one extra sleeper each side. You may need to get a pointed X-acto blade or similar under the rail between the sleepers to cut through the web if it's flexi-track, if it's set track the web will be thicker and more robust so you may need a sturdier blade. Slide a fishplate onto the exposed lengths of rail, drop the switch in, slide the fishplates onto it. Carefuly slice the fastenings off the removed sleepers and slide back underneath. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Providing adjoining sections of track have a power supply already, and you feed the switch with its own power, you dont need to join them. Just make sure the gap isnt too big and rails are lined up nicely before sticking down.