S AND J MODELS

RBC

Does anyone now if the above are still trading.

Have dealt with them many a time but for the last 2-3 weeks you can access the website but unable to access any categories.

Usually this happens when they go on holiday or doing a stock check but they usually post a banner with the details.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I do t know if you’ve looked recently but the website seems to be back up and running. I must admit I was starting to fear the worst.

Great little outfit, always sensible prices and good services.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

Are they still going?

Found something I've been after for a while on their website but am just hesitant to push the pay button, even if I have heard great things about them. Had e-mailed to enquire about it but had no response.

I have just bought Hornby R3382TTS for £129.00. Was ordered Thursday and delivered this morning. The tender top and boiler top were dusty so may have been on display. Fitted a blanking plug as I don't do DCC and it ran, a bit hesitant and growly but give it some volts and off it goes. I suspect it's never been run.

To remove the tender body the instructions indicate two screws at the front. They are at the rear. Refitting was difficult as the hand brake rod has to locate in a hole in the platform. This proved impossible as I don't have four hands so I just cut it off above the hole. You'd never notice this. I think the hand brake must have been fitted after the body was attached to the chassis.

The model was missing the parts bag as advertised. Not a problem as X8003 is available. From Peters Spares (website) £13.28 including £5.00 postage. Frome Peters Spares on eBay £10.78 including £2.50 postage. So I bought it from Lendons for £7.98 including £2.00 postage. I note the tender is missing its "coal".