RMweb

Mudmagnet 7mm project - un-named for now

mudmagnet

• RMweb Gold

After many months thinking about a new layout project, having sold Orchard Road and two other completely stalled projects, a start has been made on an 0 gauge layout.

Currently occupying two boards 2.4 x 0.5m overall, with a fiddle yard to be added. The cork has been laid and awaiting arrival of a third point before starting the track laying. This will be a small goods depot with parcels / warehouse siding. As yet not fully worked out where everything building wise will fit and hope to incorporate a small loco serving / re-fuel area. I do have another thought of something else to add, but as yet not sure if this will work, so will say no more until further investigated.

The track is Peco bullhead and will be DCC operated (MERG) and points servo driven, again MERG.

I will take some photos as progressed along.

I have an 08 and 03 to provide motive power, with hopefully further additions when funds allow. I have mixture of vans / wagons (kit built / RTR), plus getting closer to completing a Slaters SR Van B.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

Great stuff Mud Magnet - I took the plunge from OO to O gauge and started building a layout about 3 years ago. It has been a slow process for me compared to OO gauge. There is so much more to build and detail, both on the layout buildings and rolling stock. However, I have found it a really enjoyable experience so far (although I have not made that much progress!!)

Really looking forward to following your layout build.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The third point that I needed arrived the other day and only placed roughly in position for now. Need to finish off the cork and then can start the track laying. Will follow up with some photos.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 04/01/2024 at 13:45, Rumblestripe said:

The Wickham looks fantastic, but the standout for me is your figure modelling, lovely depiction of a couple of characters perfectly portrayed.

Many thanks.

The Modelu figures are superb, but I've recently started using Games Workshop 'contrast' paints (I've used their other paints for years), which work really well to highlight the details.

• RMweb Gold

Another wagon kit completed - A Slaters Conflat A which will spend time behind my 03, when I get the layout underway!

I've added a few of my own 3D printed parts, which will end up in a pack to sell when I've decided on the best mix of parts.

Conflat A-2.jpg

Conflat A-3.jpg

Conflat A.jpg

• Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Perhaps you could add a couple of crowbars and a jackor two to the mix?That's what we take out when we do some PW work at Chasewater.

Phil

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I am currently working on a commission project - more details to follow - but part of the work will be to include a fuel tank and associated pump house. The photos show the prototype version, which will be used on my own project. These are all 3D printed, although the roof needs re-printing.

7mm fuel tank 1.jpg

7mm pump house.jpg

• Like 12