Removal of Tamiya liquid cement from the body of a locomotive

I have bought a Hornby air smoothed merchant Navy class loco number 35029 which had the cowling disconnected from the front of the top of the casing. This front edge is rectangular and intact; there are no signs of any fracture. Likewise, there are no signs of any fracture on the mating surface of the cowling. I tried to glue the cowling onto this rectangular aperture, using Tamiya liquid cement (which comes in a glass bottle with a brush attached to the inside of the screwtop).

Unfortunately, I did not position the cowling exactly in the correct position, so I need to apply something to remove the liquid cement from the joint - and from the top of the casing which forms part of the air smoothed casing.

Can anyone advise me on how to successfully remove the cowling and also remove the excess liquid cement from the top of the smoothed casing?

Many thanks indeed for your replies. Would RONSONOLL also remove the overspill onto the Cowling and the flat roof, or would it destroy/deform these surfaces?? And, would it leave intact the surfaces to be joined together again by liquid cement?