RMweb

Colas Class 56 Light Engine Move 28/09/23 at Berwick-Upon-Tweed

• RMweb Gold

After a lovely walk this afternoon on Cocklawburn beach I was held at the level crossing on the road off the beach.

After witnessesing a procession of Azuma's, Voyager's as well as a GBRf Class 66 what should pass before my eyes but two Colas Rail Class 56's heading south.

The trailing loco was named. Out of interest does anyone know which members of the class they were? 

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Edited by 46444

• 46444 changed the title to Colas Class 56 Light Engine Move 28/09/23 at Berwick-Upon-Tweed
  • RMweb Gold

Not wanting to challenge your geography or sense of direction, but are you sure that the 56s were headed south?

Two Colas 56s, 56049 Robin of Templecombe 1938-2013 and 56094, were working north through the area on 6S31, Doncaster Up Decoy Yard to Millerhill, around 2pm ish.

6S31 Doncaster Up Decoy Yard to Millerhill

According to a TOPS list no other Colas 56s were in the area around that time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 4630 said:

Not wanting to challenge your geography or sense of direction, but are you sure that the 56s were headed south?

Two Colas 56s, 56049 Robin of Templecombe 1938-2013 and 56094, were working north through the area on 6S31, Doncaster Up Decoy Yard to Millerhill, around 2pm ish.

6S31 Doncaster Up Decoy Yard to Millerhill

According to a TOPS list no other Colas 56s were in the area around that time. 

Thanks 4630,

That would be the pair.

They were certainly heading south towards Alnmouth.

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:R06739/2023-09-28/detailed

Initially the working was not showing for the time I saw them around 17.20. As the above RTT shows they were running on an early path.

I must say it was lovely to see two Class 56's again. Something I had not seen for a longtime.

Thanks once again.

Mark

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1