Jouef Eurostar

Mark Jukes

Hi there. New member here. Would anybody happen to know if someone can supply intermediate coaches for the HO Eurostar?  I did find someone many years ago but have lost the details. I am currently building a garden railway that will be able to accommodate a full class 373 rake. Any pointers would be gratefully appreciated. 

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure I saw some 3d printed ones on offer somewhere, it was quite a while ago though, I can't remember where I'm afraid. I recall seeing a fairly basic conversion of some HO TGV trailers to Eurostar centre coaches as well on a French modelling site, though they were pretty obviously different to the correct coaches (a bit like painting Mk4s into First Great Western colours, removing the end skirts on the underframe and sticking them in an FGW HST set. They looked OK from a distance and if you didn't know any better). There's no TGV equivalent of the divisible centre coach pair though, so you'd only have the 3d print option for those.  The OO Eurostar might be a better starting point for a full set (though personally I don't think it looks as good as the HO version), the centre coaches are available to give a 2+4 set, which is a start at least, and etched brass sides were/might still be available to produce something longer.

• Like 1

Some years ago I cobbled together a full-length 'White Rose' Class 373 set, and it has made appearances on the British 1:87 Society stand at shows on and off ever since. I wonder if it was mine you saw. Mine was made 'the hard way' - that is by collecting a bunch of 'power' trailers, then chopping them up to make the intermediate coaches. So I'm afraid I can't give you a source of ready made Eurostar vehicles, but if you're at the Warley Show this weekend I'll happily show you what I had to do to make mine. The British 1:87 Scale stand is at C56; please drop by and say hello!

• 4 months later...
On 20/11/2023 at 19:05, DavidA said:

Some years ago I cobbled together a full-length 'White Rose' Class 373 set, and it has made appearances on the British 1:87 Society stand at shows on and off ever since. I wonder if it was mine you saw. Mine was made 'the hard way' - that is by collecting a bunch of 'power' trailers, then chopping them up to make the intermediate coaches. So I'm afraid I can't give you a source of ready made Eurostar vehicles, but if you're at the Warley Show this weekend I'll happily show you what I had to do to make mine. The British 1:87 Scale stand is at C56; please drop by and say hello!

If you have exhibited the set in the South-East then I've seen it - nice work.