Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Maygib point motor attachment help

Hi.  A layout I was kindly given uses Maygib point motor to change points. I am a complete novice on point motors but have a problem with one in that the connector arm between the pivot on the motor and the pin that goes up into the point has snapped.  Photo below (left hand side, wire from pivot broken in two).   I don’t know what the connector is called or how I get a replacement.  My soldering and practical skills are not up to making a replacement and I haven’t been able to identify replacement parts on a web search.  Could anyone provide me with some advice on getting a replacement?

IMG_3500.jpeg.fb10f978743b292a0abb4a1ac4a31e4d.jpegIMG_3499.jpeg.01df5db502235d082be1c73a7ae21dc4.jpeg

That looks like a part made by the original layout builder so the only solution would be to repair the broken joint or make a new part from 1mm brass wire. Both would require an element of soldering, but help it at hand! Macclesfield has a great model railway club so why not ask them for help, I’m sure they would make you very welcome. 

Many thanks Hibelroad (a very familiar road to me).  Thanks very much for the reply and you have prompted me to change my location profile as I have now moved to Cambridge. Good to understand that this bit is hand made and I will have to try making contact with a local club down here. 

• Like 1