RMweb

Powering frogs on Peco SL-E193 crossing

In the configuration below, on a DCC controlled system, how would I power the frogs of the crossing?

I'm assuming that they should somehow be 'slaved' to the frog switches on the point motors on the slips (SPDT switch on Cobalt digital machines) but I'm struggling to work out how.

Is there another option, such as switching power to the frogs of the crossing automatically using something like a Gaugemaster DCC autofrog (DCC80)?

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-03-13 151738.png

23 minutes ago, Jabee said:

In the configuration below, on a DCC controlled system, how would I power the frogs of the crossing?

I'm assuming that they should somehow be 'slaved' to the frog switches on the point motors on the slips (SPDT switch on Cobalt digital machines) but I'm struggling to work out how.

Is there another option, such as switching power to the frogs of the crossing automatically using something like a Gaugemaster DCC autofrog (DCC80)?

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-03-13 151738.png

See this diagram here:

Whilst it doesn't show double slips, it does show how to connect the various frogs across the scissor.

https://www.dccconcepts.com/manual/cobalt-ip-digital-scissors-frog-wiring/

And also see this diagram for a double slip.

https://www.dccconcepts.com/manual/cobalt-ip-digital-point-motor-frog-wiring-for-a-double-slip/

For sucha complicated set of pointwork, we would suggest connect and test one frog at a time

(obviously some frogs will be dead (i.e. unconnected) as you work through, but finding a short later would be tricky!

Best Regards,

The DCCconcepts Team

• Like 1