Prodigy won’t allocate an address

DevilsAdvocate

Hi folks

All of a sudden, my Prodigy 2 won’t :-

1 ). Change any previous decoder address to a new one

2 ). Allocate an address to a new decoder

I have never had an issue with either of the above previously.

Before contacting Gaugemaster, has anyone any idea what the issue could be ?

Something simple I’m missing ?

Cheers all

John

• RMweb Premium

Could it simply be that a connection somewhere in the wiring for the program track has broken? I’ve only ever used POM with my PA2. No danger of programming other than the chosen loco as you have to input the address to make changes. You could try using it, might show whether the issue lies just with the program output somewhere along the line.

Bob

Cheers Izzy.  I’ve checked the wiring and it’s ok, I have contacted Gaugemaster this morning. They were very helpful, but they think it’s a fault in the console, which is bad news because they don’t carry spares for units over two years old.

They are willing to have a look at it though in case it’s something fixable not requiring spares.

Today, I have tried in vain to change old addresses in 3 decoders I have, programme a brand new decoder, and tried to put back 3 decoders to CV8 and reprogramme to the new address, all to no avail.

I’m going to the York show tomorrow so I’ll ask the DCC experts there, but it looks like a new controller.

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, DevilsAdvocate said:

Cheers Izzy.  I’ve checked the wiring and it’s ok, I have contacted Gaugemaster this morning. They were very helpful, but they think it’s a fault in the console, which is bad news because they don’t carry spares for units over two years old.

They are willing to have a look at it though in case it’s something fixable not requiring spares.

This doesn't bode well for their "lifetime warranty" then.

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

This doesn't bode well for their "lifetime warranty" then.

They don't make it amazingly clear but the "lifetime warranty" is only for the stuff they manufacture themselves and not the rebranded stuff like the Prodigy.

• Agree 2

The lifetime guarantee only applies to the analogue (DC) controllers unfortunately.  Talking of new DCC controllers prices have risen sharply for them be prepared for a shock ! that is of course if you can find one in a retailer they seem to be in short supply (Guagemaster).

Edited by johnd