Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

(SCRATCHBUILD) NER Tyneside Electric Luggage Van

Alright so, First attempt at scratchbuilding, and so far I have only gotten to a rolling chassis sitting on incorrect bogies. But heres how I made the NER Electric Luggage van so far.

I started out by printing out to the correct scale the design drawings, then transfering the correct dimensions to sheets of card.image.png.691733a753ebe593c9f3902d339aef6d.png

This then allowed me to sort out all the dimensions before transferring this to plasticard to make a rolling chassisimage.png.def3b81ab9ec89e6632d23f5877d64c1.png

I have not progressed further than this yet but I will update when I do

• Like 5

Really looking forward to seeing this scratchbuild progress as I've considered building one of the vehicles over the years. They were basically the British equivalent of what is known as a Box Motor in the USA and Canada, which means that you might find that some usable parts, such as bogies and roofs, could be taken from US HO coaches [the difference in the prototype sizes often cancels out the difference in scale]. In particular, check out the Roundhouse range of 'old time' coaches that show up on Ebay.