RMweb

O gauge Class 122 directional lighting - solved!

jamest

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Hi,

Not sure if this is a Dapol area thing, or a DCC area thing….

Apologies if this has already been dealt with, I have had a few issues with my ‘ordinary’ 21 pin chip fitted on my DMU so I bought a Dapol Imperium decoder.

Everything is good apart from the fact that the exhaust end stays on white or ‘forward’ whatever the direction of travel.

Does anyone have any advice on solutions? I have seen the new wire to pin 3 for the interior lights….I am less worried about that and more annoyed at the directional thing.

Regards,

James

Edited by jamest

• RMweb Premium

Do you need a different function for the red lights? What does the literature say/suggest?

I've got the Class 121 that I fitted sound to and it uses F6 to switch the rear lights on and off. Mind you, that's a Zimo decoder.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the reply.

The instruction suggest F0 and F1 for each end. One end switches for direction, the other one does not.

I will have another read and play with F6 to see if it does anything.

I haven’t played with any settings on the loco or decoder so was hoping it was a problem others have experienced.

Regards

James

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Bit embarrassed to admit I re read the instructions to see if, as Ray suggested, there were any clues…..doh!

If I read on a bit it explains the setting if you are installing an imperium chip….so I set them as below and guess what…..it all works as expected!

IMG_5035.jpeg.d15c22a9640bca32f9fb39e97c41f2d8.jpeg

Hope I didn’t waste anyone’s time.

One thing I will add is that the cab light was on in the wrong direction with the settings suggested, so I reversed cv53 to 0 and cv54 to 16, which in theory is trailing cab lights, but make mine correct at leading cab lights.

The interior lighting does not work but I think that is a documented fix for a wire to pin 3…..not sure if I’m ready for that yet. Think I will bank todays victory and try that later!

Regards,

James 

• Informative/Useful 1

• jamest changed the title to O gauge Class 122 directional lighting - solved!
  • RMweb Gold

Which Imperium did you buy? By the looks of the instructions its setup for the Imperium 3 which is different from the original 21pin Imperium.

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Kaput said:

Which Imperium did you buy? By the looks of the instructions its setup for the Imperium 3 which is different from the original 21pin Imperium.

It was an imperium 4.

So to be fair the reverse of the cab light cv values from the instructions could be because of that. I’m sure others would have worked it out….just wanted to post it as a help. I think the interior light not working is a wiring fix.

regards

James

• Like 1