RMweb

Hornby HM7000 non DCC ready?

• RMweb Gold

Hornby's sound decoder range (TTS, TXS) mirror their big selling locos. Ignoring the 57xx pannier from Triang / Hornby, which was never made DCC ready, the only GWR candidates are the 27xx open cab pannier, later examples of which have a non standard 4 pin DCC socket. The larger 52xx and 72xx outside cylinder locos have 8 pin sockets, so there's a slim chance that a sound file for these locos could appear. The proposed 57xx in TT120 probably won't have enough room for TXS sound, so unlikely Hornby would release that sound file. To the best of my knowledge Hornby haven't released a sound file for a loco they don't make in OO.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TrainsTim said:

Yes, I noticed there was no sound file for a tank but was imagining that there might be soon being a pretty common loco.

I may be wrong but I don’t think there’s plans yet for Hornby to produce sound files, for free to HM7000 users, for models they don’t produce themselves so you’d be likely stuck using files for another GWR Prairie if/when Hornby adds them.

Edited by moawkwrd

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, moawkwrd said:

I may be wrong but I don’t think there’s plans yet for Hornby to produce sound files, for free to HM7000 users, for models they don’t produce themselves so you’d be likely stuck using files for another GWR Prairie.

Interesting. This is another reason why I dislike buying into one manufacturers ecosystem. I have not yet heard enough negativity against the HM7000 to dissuade me.

Edited by TrainsTim
typo

Posted (edited)

Just to throw this in another direction, Does anyone think that Hornby downloaded sounds are less good or the same as other manufacturers pre loaded sound chips?

Edited by TrainsTim
sound

I suppose the blurb could be amended for totally clarity for those who require it to say ....without modification by hard wiring, noting that cutting the plug off invalidates your warranty. The analogue waffle could then be deleted.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1