The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

What an idiot!

frame69

No 'appeared' about it. Are the police supposed to just leave them to nick at will then?

Andi

A bit late I know but yes! Chasing can in

No 'appeared' about it. Are the police supposed to just leave them to nick at will then?

Andi

Yes in those circumstances,chasing just increases the risk to others.

Frame.

• Like 1

Guest Max Stafford

Remember that when he nicks your car then. The pursuing unit were highly trained traffic officers and are competent enough to judge when a pursuit is too 'hot' as it were; you'll notice they didn't go charging over the crossing in the most gung-ho manner most tabloid readers and armchair pundits generally assume the police do. In any case, the authority to pursue is generally granted by an inspector in the control room and he will often make the decision to stop pursuit where it is deemed too risky.

Dave.

• Like 3

persuits are monitered from a central, for the area, command centre who will tell the officers in the car if they should back off or even call off the persuit,

the favoured tactic is to get a hellicopter above, back the persuit vehicle off and let the copter do the chasing, as it can't be seen if it keeps itself away but viewing on cam, it can keep track while not pressuring the criminals in the car, often resulting in them slowing down, however many continue driving at high speed regardless of police presence

Remember that when he nicks your car then.

I would rather lose the car than have it involved in a fatal whoever was driving it. Cars are not overly important even if you have a nice one. (mine wouldnt go fast enough for a pursuit anyhow)

Frame.