The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

"Train Nerds Creep Me Out!"

Mac

I saw this on a YouTube subscription I take for gadget reviews.

To test out a mobile device(A GooseBerry?) the reviewer takes an 11hour train journey from

Sidney to Melbourne. For privacy; he buys out the three seat day- cabin in an empty carriage.

He gets progressively bored with the journey until at point 13.18 minutes into the clip; he goes into

a rant about Train Nerds!

I thought it was both very funny and annoying. Have a look and see what you think.

Mac.

Don't get the funny, just rather annoying. Ignoring any slight towards train videos on Youtube (we're used to inane comments), what a tiresome, tedious individual.

I guess he did everyone else on the train a great favour by keeping out of their way. Fancy listening to his boring monologues for eleven hours.

• Like 2

If you found it annoying why not just ignore it rather than post in somwhere where there us a good chance that it might annoy others too?

BoD.

Because when you examine his rant, you'll see he condemns himself out of his own mouth.

Mac.

Guest Max Stafford

Nah, his eyes are just gubbed because all the lighting in his gaff has energy saving bulbs. It's just so he can see what he's writing! :sarcastic:

Dave

All summed up at about 2:57 when he describes himself ...

... and just what sort of person spends his life filming himself and talking to himself while playing with a gadget ...

At least he wasn't 'playing with his own gadget', which might well have totally different connetations!! (PS where has the basic smiling smiley gone, I can't seem to find it on the selection?:)

• Like 1

Any reason for the large, bold font, Mac? Seems like you are shouting at us....

Gordon.

The reason for the bold large font is because I'm half blind...Sorry; but normal font looks like mouse scratchings to me.

Mac.

• Like 2

At least he wasn't 'playing with his own gadget', which might well have totally different connetations!! (PS where has the basic smiling smiley gone, I can't seem to find it on the selection? :)

Belsay.

Before you shoot the boy down in flames:he does come out with some good reviews (notably about a camcorder I'm looking to buy).

Unfortunately he seems to hold some odd views about certain groups of people.

Maybe he's a closet bus enthusiast and that's why he hates train nerds...though I've never heard this phrase used in the UK before.

Must be an Australian thing.

Mac.

Hi Mac

I must admit that my post was intended in a funny (or maybe more appropriately 'smutty') response to Kenton's post, as regards my reference to trying to find a real smiley. Please don't take any offence as it wasn't intended.

I have to admit that I am a tram fan but as I stay in Edinburgh need I say more other than I am keeping a very low profile...

But more seriously I didn't take your use of a large font as shouting. Is that not using capitals throughout a major section/or all of a email/post?

I have a close friend who has sight problems and uses a similar font in her online communications so suspected that this might be the case with yourself.

Kind regards

Eddie (aka Belsay Lad)

• Like 1

Hi Mac, try pressing the Ctrl key and the + key together - it makes the font bigger - I have to do it at least twice to make this display readable and as for the feint grey and blue fonts used for some of the buttons - :( :( grump.gif

someone looking for the real smiley ? smile.gif

• Like 1

Gordon,Eddie and Kenton.

No offence taken and thanks for the tip about making the font larger: I'll have to take a note of that.

My monitor is set up for 1920x1200 resolution;so I imagine to someone reading my messages on a

smaller screen, it must look like Gigantor typed it.

I'm thinking about replacing my PC with a laptop next year, but I'll keep the 24" monitor as it's great

for displaying images.

I'm off to Beamish tomorrow to see what their special show is like. I'll try to put some photo's up at

the weekend.

Mac.

post-9584-0-28104900-1314914293_thumb.jpg