Bittern Severn valley railway charter

Michael Delamar

Thanks for that Michael. A great find!

Some stunning shots of a steam railway in the beautiful English countryside. Very well filmed, particularly in HD. The vacuum turntable sequence was full of good detail.

I know the fully streamlined loco and blue livery goes with the teak coaches, but for me the most fitting livery is the lined green. Purely personal of course and I suspect that's all down to growing up with A4's in the late 50's and 60's.

That was brilliant, hope you don't mind but I couldn't resist sharing this link with fellow steam fans on another forum (I'm rather short so into N gauge! and Dapol are releasing these) Only question with a trip like that what happened to all the passengers, that train should have had people hanging off the sides!

Stunning video of a superb line.

As for people hanging out of the train it was a photographers special so I guess they like to get it as authentic as possible.

Sir keith Park with the maroon stock and Pines Head Board next please.

• RMweb Premium

For me the video was nice in places, apart from the black smoke, it was frowned on in pre 68 days and still is not good in my opinion(however knowing the fireman and his views, its what he believes photographers like).

As for Sir Keith Park, I garuntee the first time i get her I will be using my Pines headboard on her!

However that may be some time off as she is not due to arrive till the end of April, I am not sure what additional work is needed to be done before she is finished, however there will then be running in trials and getting her right before being released to traffic. Also as a first it has been decided all the crews will be passed out to work on her / TV. There was a scurolous suggestion Bewdley don't know/ like driving West Countries!

Archived