Wonderful archive videos of the S&C in colour, 1967

Hi all,

I recently found this rather nice series of films on Youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzSKEO1z9w&list=PL61D216F5A9E45511&index=1&feature=plpp_video

This person has uploaded five short films of the Settle & Carlisle line from 1967 showing a good variety of steam and some diesel traction, all very enjoyable so I thought I'd share with everyone.

Enjoy,

John E.

Guest Max Stafford

Lovely quality footage with what appears to be contemporaneous sound too.

Excellent find.

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

That's brought back some memories from the summer of love. I was 14 at the time and living at Giggleswick. Seeing those 9F's on the Long meg empties was brilliant. One day i will complete my own 9F and design and builkd some anhydrite hoppers. Brilliant footage.

Jamie

Thanks guys,

Really glad you liked it! Yes, some superb weathering reference material there!

Jamie, if you do get around to doing a (kit?) for those anhydrite hoppers, put me down for a rake, please! Must be buildable for P4, too!

Cheers very much,

John E.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks guys,

Really glad you liked it! Yes, some superb weathering reference material there!

Jamie, if you do get around to doing a (kit?) for those anhydrite hoppers, put me down for a rake, please! Must be buildable for P4, too!

Cheers very much,

John E.

It would be in 7mm but should scale down if I ever did it. I've got 92208 (Which I rode from blea Moor to Settle on) in the cupboard waiting until I have to skills to finish a crap kit and make it work. It's only been there 12 years so far.

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

John, that's a lovely resource. Some great film, good quality too - and that sound! Can't beat a good steamer plying through a station.

Just adds to the nostalgia of the line and my commitment to do it justice in my modelling.

Cheers!

Jeff

Archived